Someone wants to join… eeeekk – Now what?
Welllll… What do I do when I’m a little nervous or caught off-guard? I babble. Ha! For real. Enthusiasm often gets the best of us! And, before you know it — you’ve overwhelmed your potential new team member! Don’t freak ’em out! 🙂
So, let’s talk about how to respond when someone wants to join your team so you’re prepared and confident in your approach!
Here are a few hot tips so you are ready for your next recruiting conversation:
- Contain your excitement and keep it conversational! Listen, ask them questions! Make it a 2-way conversation!
- When you reach a pause in the conversation, give them something to check out and set a time to follow up.
- Fortune is in the follow up! Even if it’s just a conversation about what is new, continue to keep the conversation going!
- When you’re ready to seal the deal, invite someone else to join the conversation with you! It adds credibility and allows them to make the “ask” about joining. Also, ask them which kit they are thinking about.
- Know that it takes time to cultivate relationships! Some make an impulse decision on the spot. Others wait
- Give them an incentive to join by a certain time to create urgency!
Ya’ll this takes practice. The more you practice, the better you will get at having a conversation about joining your team!
Do tell! Leave us a comment! What are your go-to strategies when building your team and having recruiting conversations?