Step it Up – Be a PRO
- Business Cards: Having business cards on hand when you bump into someone at the grocery store or to include in thank you notes are essential. Business cards can be ordered through Vistaprint or Moxie Media.
- Custom Web Address: Consider creating a business name and get your own web address rather than using the link provided by home office. This is usually less than $15 and makes it SO much easier to share. Watch a tutorial to learn how.
- Update your Facebook Profile: Update your personal profile to include a professional and clear headshot of yourself. This is your customers’ and hostesses’ first impression of you. Add Usborne Books & More and your website URL to your background information.
- Be Responsive: Your customers are your responsibility. Be responsive, follow up, ask them how they like their books, answer their questions and you’ll become their “go-to” when ordering books.
- Be Authentic: Be genuine and authentic. Don’t spam your friends with links to shop on your personal page. Be yourself and post how much your kids love the books. Keep a balance of personal (80%) and business (20%) posts. You want to make friends through this business, not get blocked!
Watch this quick video to learn:
- Where to find business supplies to order
- Why having a custom web address is awesome
- How to update your Facebook profile in less than 5 minutes
- How being responsive and authentic will build a loyal customer base and not turnoff friends
Becky’s Bonus Tip: Pick a web address that is easy to remember and type (no special characters or strange spelling). Use a .com, if possible – you’ll look more legit!
Your To-Do List:
- Get business cards
- Create a business name and reserve a web address
- Update your Facebook profile
- Comment with your business name
- Download the 30 Day Launch Checklist & Workbook
I’m not quite sure just yet what I want my business name to be but I will definitely be brainstorming in the next couple of days! Thanks so much for this training, I truely appreciate it, its exactly what I needed!
Does your Usborne team have a facebook group? When you come up with a few you like, you might start a poll to get feedback or further ideas!
I really like Michelle’s reading nook. just a thought, I haven’t decided yet.
Facebook polls can be great ways to get feedback from your friends if you have a few different names you are considering!
I think I’m going to go to with Jen’s Book Case.
Veronica’s Book Haven
Love all your tips! Thank you! Where did you get your banner for your booths? I love how big and bright it is. Do you have any tips on creating one?
I got it made from a local print shop. They did the designing for me and I just provided the elements (like the logo and image and dots!) 🙂 Thank you!!
Erika’s Story Book Corner
I have the domain bought but haven’t quite figured out how to link it to my Usborne website. That is next!
Mine it Kristina’s Book Boutique!
I love that, Kristina! So cute!
I’m thinking about the name Little Reading Rascals. Probably because I just rewatched the Little Rascals ?
Ha!! That’s super cute. And, a fun movie! 🙂
Still haven’t decided on a name but I’m thinking Jen’s Usborne Book Club. Id like to see if i can do something more catchy though 🙂
That’s awesome! You’re off to a great start, Jen! And, congrats – you completed the whole 30 Day Training! You rock!!!